09.00-10.00 – Usability: what, why and how?
- What is the purpose of usability?
- Why is optimization better than a new website every few years?
- UX pyramid: what is most important?
10.00-10.45 – Top tasks – get rid of the bullshit!
- Why responding to the tasks and goals of your visitors is so important for your online success.
- Methods to discover the top tasks and motivation of your target audience.
- Insights and results from top task studies.
- How to handle content that is less important for visitors.
10.45-11.00 – Break
11.00-12.00 – Homepage
- Basic principles of a good homepage.
- Why pushing things on your homepage doesn’t work. And never will.
- Why you should give attention instead of shouting for attention.
- With concrete examples from governments, B2B, B2C and e-commerce that demonstrate that these principles work.
12.00-13.00 – Lunch break
13.00-13.45 – Navigation
- Design principles of good navigation, on both large and small screens.
- The importance of clear content navigation. And how to do that.
- Unfolding or sticky navigation: a good idea?
13.45-14.30 – Category or category pages
- This is the page where most websites totally miss the mark. What are they doing wrong?
- And above all: what do you have to do to make a category page work for you?
- With examples from government, non-profit, B2B, B2C and e-commerce websites.
14.30-14.45 – Short break
14.45-15.30 – Detail and landing pages
- How do you ensure that your page convinces your visitors to stay in those crucial first few seconds?
- How do you create a detail page that grabs your visitors’ attention and convinces them to take action?
- How do you make sure that people start scrolling and keep scrolling?
- What should you pay attention to when using photos, illustrations and videos?
- How do you create irresistible action buttons?
15.30-16.00 – Forms
- Tips for forms that people actually want to fill out.
- How do you minimize error messages?
- And how do you write clear, customer-friendly error messages?
16.00-16.30 – Review of your website
- Each participant can specify 1 site that the trainer and other participants will briefly discuss during the training.